Consumption of caffeine regularly or getting too much caffeine and Caffeine side effects into the body. May cause more negative effects than good as follows.
One of the benefits of caffeine is that it makes you wakeful and not sleepy. But at the same time Consuming too much caffeine can lead to insomnia , studies have shown. If getting too much caffeine It may take a longer time to sleep. And may also reduce the duration and quality of sleep Especially in the elderly.
Although caffeine may stimulate the brain to work better. But if you get too much caffeine It can lead to disorders in the brain such as anxiety disorders. With studies showing that Consuming more than 1,000 milligrams of caffeine per day can cause anxiety or nervousness. The effects that occur may vary from person to person.
Consuming caffeine can increase energy and performance in the body. But after his strength was over Caffeine can also cause fatigue as well. With studies showing that Even caffeine-infused energy drinks can cause you to feel alert and increase your senses for hours. But it can also cause the body to feel more tired than usual the following days.
Caffeine Addiction Caffeine
causes the brain to release certain substances in a way that is similar to substance addiction. Therefore, caffeine addiction may occur. In addition, if a person consumes large amounts of caffeine each day. Or have a state of caffeine addiction and stop consuming it immediately Can cause abnormalities in the body
Muscle and bone damage from Caffeine side effects
If consuming too much caffeine May cause the body to absorb less calcium and cause osteoporosis. Or may cause the metabolic rate to be too high and cause muscle spasms.
Increased blood pressure
Consuming large amounts of caffeine can cause a temporary increase in blood pressure. Therefore may affect the nervous system.
The digestive system and the excretory system have problems.
Caffeine increases the amount of stomach acid. It may cause heartburn symptoms. Or have symptoms of acid reflux Also, if you get too much caffeine May cause liquid diarrhea or diarrhea. In addition, the body excretes excess caffeine through urine. May urinate more and more often
Affect the fetus
who are pregnant. Stay, should reduce the amount of caffeine consumption This is because caffeine may be passed on to the unborn child. It may be unusual for children with weight loss or h c abortion does work.
Causing the patient to have worse symptoms
Consuming caffeine can worsen certain illnesses, such as glaucoma, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, epilepsy, diabetes, bleeding disorders. Or problems with urinary incontinence, etc. Also, consuming too much caffeine can make people with diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome.
How can we control the amount of caffeine?
Consuming caffeine in moderation can have health benefits. But excessive consumption can lead to abnormalities in the body, so consumers should be able to control the amount of caffeine their body receives each day. By following the instructions as follows
- Do not consume more than a reasonable amount of caffeine each day. To prevent the occurrence of side effects
- Always read the nutrition label on the product first. To see if that food contains caffeine Or how much caffeine is in it
- Before drinking more coffee After drinking one To think that it is really necessary to drink more coffee or Because if not necessary, you may not need to drink more coffee. To avoid consuming too much caffeine
- If it is a person who is already consuming caffeine To reduce the quantity gradually Because if the consumption is stopped suddenly, it may cause caffeine withdrawal. This will affect the body in many forms, such as nausea, headache, muscle pain, distraction, etc., and may lead to a return to caffeine consumption.
- If you think that quitting caffeine is too difficult Switch to decaffeinated coffee. Or drink tea and herbal tea instead of regular coffee. Because the drink contains less caffeine than the same amount of coffee.
- Some drugs may contain caffeine. Therefore, you should read the drug label carefully. Or always consult a doctor and pharmacist before using any medication.