Many people may have heard and known about. “Depression” through news and loss news that appeared to us often in this period. But they may not yet understand what is depression. How does it come about? What kind of symptoms are at risk for depression?
that depression It is caused by abnormalities in the brain that affect thoughts, emotions, feelings, behaviors, as well as physical health or other life crises. People with depression tend to be so depressed, depressed, lethargic, and lonely that they feel it or others notice it.
However, depression does not mean who is a weak person or a person who does not fight the problem But that is because of the disease. and this disease can get better if treated properly and appropriately Depressed people will return to be clear-minded. ready to do various routines as usual
So let’s take a look at how to spot depression. So that we can observe ourselves and those close to him whether he is at risk or not. Knowing the risks can help you get the right treatment. If there are five or more of the following symptoms, you may be at risk.
- Depressed mood almost all day (In children and adolescents, it can be irritable.)
- interest or enjoyment in activities Almost all of them had dropped drastically throughout the day.
- Weight loss or weight gain (weight change greater than 5% per month) or severe loss of appetite or appetite
- insomnia or sleeping too much
- restless, restless, or slowing down
- weak, powerless
- feel worthless
- Concentration decreased, distracted, or completely hesitant.
- Thinking about dying, thinking about dying
*Must have at least one symptom in item 1 or 2
*must have been present for more than 2 weeks And they have to have these symptoms most of the time, almost every day, not come and go, just disappear for a day or two and come back again.
and if anyone is uncomfortable You can call for advice at 1323 of the Department of Mental Health 24 hours a day.